Ant Exterminators in Vaughan
Ants are very common in most homes across Vaughan. While sometimes you may not even notice them in your home, at other times, they can create a nuisance. It is important to contact professional ant exterminators in Vaughan to get rid of the ant problem in your home.
Contact Emergency Pest Control Vaughan for Your Ant Problems!
We can help you get rid of the ant infestation in your home!
Get a free consultation from our team to know what exactly we will do to get rid of the ants in your home.
Facts About Ants
Ants leave a pheromone trail that other ants follow. This means once there are a few ants in your house, other ants will surely follow.
- There are more than 12,000 types of ants.
- Ants have satellite colonies in nearby homes and yards. This means killing just one colony may not prevent the infestation.
- Ant queens lay up to 800 eggs a day.
- Ants live for more than ten years and have millions of young ones.
- Ants can be hard to get rid of.
- They can harm aphids.
- Some types of ants are new to the region.
- Ants are social beings that live in colonies with different types of individuals.
- Every caste or individual has a different function in the colony.
- Worker ants are responsible for foraging the food, constructing the nest, and caring for the young.
- The lifespan of ants will depend on the caste they belong to. Males usually only live for a few weeks and die after they mate. Worker ants usually live for many months. On the other hand, Queen ants can live for tens of years if the conditions are right.
- Ants in the tropical regions are active all year round. However, in other places, they become dormant during the winter months.
Types of Ants
- Acrobat Ants
- Allegheny Mound
- Argentine Ant
- Big-Headed Ants
- Field Ant
- Ghost Ant
- Little Black Ant
- Moisture Ant
- Odorous House Ant
- Pavement Ant
- Texas Leaf Cutter
- Thief Ant
- Velvety Tree Ant
- White Footed Ant
- Crazy Ant
- Fire Ant
How To Identify An Ant Infestation At Home?
- A large number of live ants are visible to the naked eye. This is a clear indication of an ant infestation in your home.
- Watch out for any pathways. Some ants leave behind pheromones in their trail to a food source so that other ants can find them.
- Watch out for ant nests. They look like small piles of soil or mud. Some ant species will make their nests in walls and other corners, which are not easy to spot.
- Watch out for small piles of dirt. In some cases, ants create small piles of dirt around their nest sites.
At Emergency Pest Control Vaughan, our team of technicians is certified by the Ontario Ministry of Environment. They will safely and professionally exterminate the ants from your home.